Effective Date: September 2015
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT.
If You Want to Use This Site,
then carefully read these entire Terms (including all links to details), as they constitute a written agreement between you and us and they affect your legal rights and obligations. Each time you access and/or use the Site (other than to simply read these Terms), you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms (defined below) then posted. Therefore, do not use the Site if you do not agree.
The business realities associated with operating the Site are such that, without the conditions that are set forth in these Terms -- such as your grants and waivers of rights, the limitations on our liability, your indemnity of us, and arbitration of certain disputes – St. Matthew's University would not make the Site available to you.
Table of Contents
It is important that you read and understand these entire Terms before using the Site. This table of contents further highlights some key issues and points and you can click on the headings and h5Moreh5 links to be taken to the full explanation.
- Site Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others
We only grant you a limited revocable license to use the Site for your own non-commercial use subject to rules and limitations. More
- Site and Content Use Restrictions
Your use is subject to our rules. More
- Opening and Terminating Accounts
You may open, revise and close your accounts. More
- Notices and Questions
E-mail us at email@example.com or click here to contact us with questions. You agree that we may provide you notices, including notices of new terms and conditions, by posting notice on the home page of the Site or by other reasonable means, such as to the email you provided. More
- Terms Applicable to Payments Made on the Site
If you make a payment through the Site such as when you submit an application, these terms apply. More
- Links by You to the Site
You may link to our Site, subject to some basic rules. More
- Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
We are not responsible for third parties or their content, advertisements, apps or sites. More
- Feedback You Submit
You grant us a broad license, which we may sublicense, to the content or feedback you submit, which you represent you have the right to allow us to use. More
Wireless carrier charges may apply to use of the Site via wireless networks or Devices. More
- Dispute Resolution
You agree to arbitrate most disputes and waive jury trial and class actions. More
- Other Dispute Resolution Where Arbitration Is Not Avail
If, and to the extent that arbitration is not a permitted form of dispute resolution pursuant to the mandatory laws of your country of residence, then you agree that the provisions of Section 11 shall apply to the resolution of any disputes or claims. More
- Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties
We disclaim most warranties and provide the Site h5As Ish5. More
- Limitations of our Liability
Our liability is greatly limited. More
- Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief
You waive equitable or injunctive relief. More
- Updated Terms
These Terms and Additional Terms posted on the Site at each time of use apply to that use, and the Terms may be prospectively updated as our Site evolves. Posting of new Terms on the Site is notice to you thereof. More
- General Provisions
You agree to various other terms and conditions. More
Full Details of Terms of Service
1. Site Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others
- Content. The Site contains a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to St. Matthew's University, the university and its educational offerings, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, articles, posts, webinars, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the h5look and feelh5 of the Site, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Site and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, trade dress, logos, trade names, service marks, and/or trade identities of various parties, including those of St. Matthew's University (collectively, h5 Trademarksh5); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively h5 Contenth5).
- Ownership. The Site (including past, present and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by St. Matthew's Universityand our licensors and certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Content available via the Site is the property of St. Matthew's University or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. St. Matthew's University owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Site.
- Limited License. Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms and the Additional Terms, St. Matthew's Universitygrants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to download (temporary storage only), display, view, use, play, and/or print one copy of the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise, other than as made available to access and use to enable display and functionality) on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other Internet enabled device (each, a h5 Deviceh5) for your personal, non-commercial use only. The foregoing limited license: (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, and (ii) may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in St. Matthew's University'ssole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. In some instances, we may permit you to have greater access to and use of Content, subject to certain Additional Terms.
- Rights of Others. When using the Site, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of St. Matthew's Universityand others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability.
2. Site and Content Use Restrictions
- Site Use Restrictions. You agree that you will not: (i) aside from your submission of an application to attend St. Matthew's University, use the Site for any political or commercial purpose (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising, soliciting funds, collecting product prices, and selling products); (ii) use any meta tags or any other h5hidden texth5 utilizing any Trademarks; (iii) engage in any activities through or in connection with the Site that seek to attempt to or do harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to St. Matthew's University; (iv) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any Site source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Site; (v) engage in any activity that interferes with a user's access to the Site or the proper operation of the Site, or otherwise causes harm to the Site, St. Matthew's University, or other users of the Site; (vi) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Site or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Site, the Content, or the User-Generated Content; (vii) harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information about other users of the Site, including email addresses, without the express consent of such users); (viii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or any other means; or (ix) otherwise violate these Terms or any Additional Terms.
- Content Use Restrictions. You also agree that, in using the Site: (i) you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute the Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine activity or use of a standard browser) on the Site by using any robot, rover, h5both5, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind; (ii) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any such Content (including any images, text, or page layout); (iii) you will keep intact all Trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property notices contained in such Content; (iv) you will not use such Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensors' products, services, or brands; (v) you will not make any modifications to such Content; (vi) you will not copy, modify, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate or transfer to any third party or on any third-party application or website, or otherwise use or exploit such Content in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms or any Additional Terms or with the prior written consent of an officer of St. Matthew's Universityor, in the case of Content from a licensor, the owner of the Content; and (vii) you will not insert any code or product to manipulate such Content in any way that adversely affects any user experience.
- Availability of Site and Content. St. Matthew's Universitymay immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Site and Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in St. Matthew's University's sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
- Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Site. These Terms and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Site. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by St. Matthew's Universityand its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Site for any purpose is prohibited .
3. Opening and Terminating Accounts
In order to gain access or use some (or potentially all) of the features on the Site that we make available to enrolled students at St. Matthew's University, you must first be enrolled or otherwise affiliated with St. Matthew's University in which case we will issue you a username and password to gain access to the mySt. Matthew's University area of the Site. If you register for any feature that requires a password and/or username (such as if you begin an application to attend St. Matthew's Universityand want to come back to the Site to finish it or supplement it), then you will select your own password at the time of registration (or we may send you an email notification with a randomly generated initial password) and you agree that: (i) You will not use a username (or email address) that is already being used by someone else, may impersonate another person, belongs to another person, violates the intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or is offensive. We may reject the use of any password, username, or email address for any other reason in our sole discretion; (ii) You will provide true, accurate, current, and complete registration information about yourself in connection with the registration process and, as permitted, to maintain and update it continuously and promptly to keep it accurate, current, and complete; (iii) You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, password, and username – whether or not you authorized the activity; (iv) You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your Device so that others may not access any password protected portion of the Site using your name, username, or password; (v) You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account, password, or username, or any other breach of security; and (vi) You will not sell, transfer, or assign your account or any account rights.
If any information that you provide, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information that you provide through the Site, is false, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or violates these Terms, any Additional Terms, or any applicable law, then we may suspend or terminate your account or your affiliation with St. Matthew's University. We also reserve the more general and broad right to terminate your account or suspend or otherwise deny you access to it or your university affiliation – all in our sole discretion, for any reason, and without advance notice or liability.
4. Notices and Questions
You agree that: (i) we may give you notices of new, revised or changed terms and other important matters by prominently posting notice on the home page of the Site, or in another reasonable manner; and (ii) we may contact you by mail or email sent to the address provided by you. You agree to promptly notify us if you change your email or mailing address by updating your account information.
If you have a question regarding using the Site, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our number at (978) 862-9600. You acknowledge that the provision of customer support is at St. Matthew's University's sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind.
5. Terms Applicable to Payments Made on the Site
- Generally. To submit an application to St. Matthew's University on our Site, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. Prior to submitting an application, you must provide our payment processing vendor with a valid credit card number and associated payment information including all of the following: (i) your name as it appears on the card, (ii) your credit card number, (iii) the credit card type, (iv) the date of expiration, and (v) any activation numbers or codes needed to charge your card. By submitting that information to us or our credit card processor, you hereby agree that you authorize us and/or our processor to charge your card at our convenience but within thirty (30) days of credit card authorization. For any application you submit through the Site, you agree to pay the price applicable (including any sales taxes and surcharges) as of the time you submit the order. St. Matthew's University will automatically bill your credit card or other form of payment submitted as part of the order process for such price.
- Methods of Payment, Credit Card Terms and Taxes. All payments must be made by the authorized payment cards indicated on the payment page of the Site. We currently do not accept cash, personal or business checks or any other payment form, although in the future we may change this policy. Your card issuer agreement governs your use of your designated card, and you must refer to that agreement and not these Terms to determine your rights and liabilities as a cardholder. You hereby represent and warrant that you will not use any credit card or other form of payment unless you have all necessary legal authorization to do so. YOU, AND NOT St. Matthew's University, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ANY UNAUTHORIZED AMOUNTS BILLED TO YOUR CREDIT CARD BY A THIRD PARTY. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your purchases (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. Unless you notify St. Matthew's University of any discrepancies within sixty (60) days after they first appear on your credit card statement, you agree that they will be deemed accepted by you for all purposes. If St. Matthew's University does not receive payment from your credit card issuer or its agent, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by St. Matthew's University or its agents.
6. Links by You to the Site
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Site, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any Trademarks, (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with St. Matthew's University or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray St. Matthew's University or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to St. Matthew's University. St. Matthew's University reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Site for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
7. Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
- Linked Sites; Advertisements. The Site may contain links, as part of third-party ads on the Site or otherwise, to or from third-party websites (h5 Linked Sitesh5), including websites operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties who may have business relationships with St. Matthew's University. St. Matthew's University may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Linked Sites, and St. Matthew's University does not assume any obligation to review any Linked Sites. St. Matthew's University does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Sites, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, St. Matthew's University is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such sites. Finally, St. Matthew's University will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third-party Linked Sites. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Sites. St. Matthew's University disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- Dealings with Third Parties. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Site (including on or via Linked Sites or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). St. Matthew's University disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
8. Feedback You Submit
- General. St. Matthew's University may now or in the future offer users of the Site the opportunity to create, post, upload, display, publish, distribute, transmit or otherwise make available on or submit through the Site, messages, text, files, comments, responses, information, content, ratings, reviews, suggestions, personally identifiable information, or other information or materials and the ideas contained therein (collectively, h5 User-Generated Contenth5). St. Matthew's University may allow you to do this through contact us, email, and other communications functionality. Subject to the rights and license you grant in these Terms, you retain whatever legally cognizable right, title, and interest that you have in your User-Generated Content and you remain ultimately responsible for it.
- License to St. Matthew's University of Your User-Generated Content. Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Terms (such as a contest official rules), which specifically govern the submission of your User-Generated Content), you hereby grant to St. Matthew's University, and you agree to grant to St. Matthew's University, the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User-Generated Content (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User-Generated Content and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User-Generated Content for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, producing, and marketing products and/or services. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to St. Matthew's University to your User-Generated Content, you also hereby grant to St. Matthew's University, and agree to grant to St. Matthew's University, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User-Generated Content, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User-Generated Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section 8(C).
- Wireless Features. The Site may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your wireless Device. These features and services may include the ability to access the Site's features and upload content to the Site, receive messages from the Site, and download applications to your wireless Device (collectively, h5 Wireless Featuresh5). Standard messaging, data, and other fees may be charged by your carrier to participate in Wireless Features. Fees and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
- Terms of Wireless Features. You agree that as to the Wireless Features for which you are registered for, we may send communications to your wireless Device regarding us or other parties. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Wireless Features. If you have registered via the Site for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify St. Matthew's University of any changes to your wireless contact information (including phone number) and update your accounts on the Site to reflect the changes.
10. Dispute Resolution
Certain portions of this Section 10 are deemed to be a h5written agreement to arbitrateh5 pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act (h5 FAAh5). You and St. Matthew's University agree that we intend that this Section 10 satisfies the h5writingh5 requirement of the FAA and/or the New York Convention of 1958. This Section 10 can only be amended by mutual agreement.
- First – Try to Resolve Disputes and Excluded Disputes. If any controversy, allegation, or claim arises out of or relates to the Service, the Content, your User-Generated Content, these Terms, or any Additional Terms, whether heretofore or hereafter arising (collectively, h5 Disputeh5), or to any of St. Matthew's University's actual or alleged intellectual property rights (an h5 Excluded Disputeh5, which includes those actions set forth in Section 10(D)), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. But if no such contact information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no obligation under this Section 10(A). Your notice to us must be sent to: St. Matthew's University School of Medicine, c/o R3 Education Inc., 27 Jackson Road, Suite 301, Devens, Massachusetts 01434, United States (Attn: Legal Department). For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, St. Matthew's University and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, though nothing will require either you or St. Matthew's University to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute on terms with respect to which you and St. Matthew's University, in each of our sole discretion, are not comfortable.
- Binding Arbitration. If we cannot resolve a Dispute as set forth in Section 10(A) (or agree to arbitration in writing with respect to an Excluded Dispute) within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice, then ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND St. Matthew's University MUST BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. THIS INCLUDES ANY AND ALL DISPUTES BASED ON ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR ADVERTISING CONNECTED TO THE PROVISION OR USE OF THE SERVICE (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, STATUTE, REGULATION, ORDINANCE, TORT - INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, ANY OTHER INTENTIONAL TORT OR COMMON LAW, CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION, RESPONDEAT SUPERIOR, AGENCY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY - AND WHETHER ARISING BEFORE OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THESE TERMS. The FAA shall govern the arbitrability of all disputes between St. Matthew's University and you regarding these Terms (and any Additional Terms) and the Service, including the No Class Action Matters section below. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, EACH PARTY IS GIVING UP ITS RIGHT TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD BY A JUDGE OR JURY. St. Matthew's University and you agree, however, that Massachusetts or federal law shall apply to and govern, as appropriate, any and all claims or causes of action, remedies, and damages arising between you and St. Matthew's University regarding these Terms and the Service, whether arising or stated in contract, statute, common law, or any other legal theory, without regard to Massachusetts' choice of law principles.
A Dispute will be resolved solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Arbitration Rules (h5 Rulesh5) of the American Arbitration Association (h5 AAAh5), except as modified herein, and the arbitration will be administered by the AAA, and in accordance with the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. If a party properly submits the Dispute to the AAA for formal arbitration and the AAA is unwilling to set a hearing then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. (h5 JAMSh5) using JAMS' streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, or by any other arbitration administration service that you and an officer or legal representative of St. Matthew's University consent to in writing. If an in-person arbitration hearing is required, then it will be conducted in the h5metropolitan statistical areah5 (as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau) where you are a resident at the time the Dispute is submitted to arbitration. You and we will pay the administrative and arbitrator's fees and other costs in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules; but if applicable arbitration rules or laws require St. Matthew's University to pay a greater portion or all of such fees and costs in order for this Section 10 to be enforceable, then St. Matthew's University will have the right to elect to pay the fees and costs and proceed to arbitration. The arbitrator or arbitration panel, as the case may be, will apply and be bound by these Terms and any Additional Terms, and will determine any Dispute according to applicable law and facts based upon the record and no other basis, and will issue a short, reasoned award only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. Issues relating to the enforceability of the arbitration and class action waiver provisions contained herein are for the court to decide. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms or the Service. You can obtain AAA and JAMS procedures, rules, and fee information as follows: AAA: 800.778.7879 and http://www.adr.org and JAMS: 800.352.5267 and http://www.jamsadr.com.
- Limited Time to File Claims. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WE WANT TO ASSERT A DISPUTE (BUT NOT A EXCLUDED DISPUTE) AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN YOU OR WE MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 10(A)) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DISPUTE ARISES -- OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED. Commencing means, as applicable (a) by delivery of written notice as set forth above in Section 10(A); (b) filing for arbitration with the AAA as set forth in Section 10(B); or (c) filing an action in state or Federal court.
- Injunctive Relief. The foregoing provisions of this Section 10 will not apply to any legal action taken by St. Matthew's University to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with, any loss, cost, or damage (or any potential loss, cost, or damage) relating to the Site, any Content, your User-Generated Content and/or St. Matthew's University's intellectual property rights (including such St. Matthew's University may claim that may be in dispute), St. Matthew's University's operations, and/or St. Matthew's University's products or services.
- No Class Action Matters. YOU AND St. Matthew's University AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR AS AN ASSOCIATION. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be joined or consolidated with any other arbitrations or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. There shall be no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on any basis involving Disputes brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, or other persons or entities similarly situated. But if, for any reason, any court with competent jurisdiction holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement in Section 10(B) to arbitrate will not apply and the Dispute must be brought exclusively in court pursuant to Section 10(F). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section 10 or applicable arbitration rules, any and all issues relating to the scope, interpretation and enforceability of the class action waiver provisions contained herein (described in this h5 No Class Action Mattersh5 section), are to be decided only by a court of competent jurisdiction, and not by the arbitrator. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these class action waiver provisions.
- Federal and State Courts in Worcester County, Massachusetts. Except where arbitration is required above or with respect to the enforcement of any arbitration decision or award, any action or proceeding relating to any Dispute or Excluded Dispute arising hereunder may only be instituted in state or Federal court in Worcester County, Massachusetts. Accordingly, you and St. Matthew's University consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for such matters
- Small Claims Matters Are Excluded from Arbitration Requirement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either of us may bring qualifying claim of Disputes (but not Excluded Disputes) in small claims court of competent jurisdiction.
11. Other Dispute Resolution Where Arbitration Is Not available.
This Section11 applies to all users of the Service, if, and only to the extent that, the mandatory laws in your country of residence do not permit arbitration of Disputes in accordance with Section10 or the parties have not otherwise agreed to arbitration if required by applicable law.
- Section 11 Disputes. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, if any controversy, allegation, or claim (including any non-contractual claim) arises out of or relates to the Service, the Content, these Terms, whether theretofore or thereafter arising or to any of St. Matthew's University's actual or alleged intellectual property rights (collectively, a h5Section 11 Disputeh5), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Section 11 Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. But if no such information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no obligation under this Section 11(A). Your notice to us must be sent to: St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine, c/o R3 Education Inc., 27 Jackson Road, Suite 301, Devens, Massachusetts 01434, United States (Attn: Legal Department). Subject to applicable law, for a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, St. Matthew's University and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Section 11 Dispute, though nothing will require either you or St. Matthew's University to resolve the Section 11 Dispute on terms with respect to which you and St. Matthew's University, in each of our sole discretion, are not comfortable.
- Jurisdiction. The parties agree that the state or federal courts in Worcester County, Massachusetts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction of any Section 11 Dispute, unless otherwise required by applicable laws of your jurisdiction of resident.
- Governing Law. To the maximum extent permitted by the mandatory laws in your country of residence, these Terms and any Section 11 Dispute arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes), will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- Limited Time to File Claims. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WE WANT TO ASSERT A SECTION 11 DISPUTE AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN YOU OR WE MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 11(a) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER DISCOVERY OF THE SECTION 11 DISPUTE ARISES – OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- Injunctive Relief. The foregoing provisions of this Section 11 will not apply to any legal action taken by St. Matthew's University to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with, any loss, cost, or damage (or any potential loss, cost, or damage) relating to the Service, any Content, your User-Generated Content and/or St. Matthew's University's intellectual property rights (including such rights St. Matthew's University may claim that may be in dispute), St. Matthew's University's operations, and/or St. Matthew's University's products or services.
12. DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN h5AS ISh5, h5AS AVAILABLEh5, AND h5WITH ALL FAULTSh5 BASIS. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, St. Matthew's University and its subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, customers, successors, and assigns (collectively, the h5 St. Matthew's University Partiesh5) hereby disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to:
- the Site (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
- the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Site;
- any products, services, or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Site;
- security associated with the transmission of your User-Generated Content transmitted to St. Matthew's University or via the Site;
- whether the Site or the servers that make the Site available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Device);
- whether the information (including any instructions) on the Site is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable;
- whether any defects to or errors on the Site will be repaired or corrected;
- whether your access to the Site will be uninterrupted;
- whether the Site will be available at any particular time or location; and
- whether your use of the Site is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
EXCEPT FOR ANY SPECIFIC WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN OR IN ADDITIONAL TERMS PROVIDED BY A St. Matthew's University PARTY, St. Matthew's University PARTIES HEREBY FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions' laws are applicable.
13. LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY St. Matthew's University PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, including personal injury or death or for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential losses or damages that are directly or indirectly related to:
- the Site (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
- your use of or inability to use the Site, or the performance of the Site;
- any action taken in connection with an investigation by St. Matthew's University Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Site;
- any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners or other rights owners;
- any errors or omissions in the Site's technical operation; or
- any damage to any user's computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction.
The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if St. Matthew's University Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of god, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Site).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages of the sort that are described above, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL St. Matthew's University PARTIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ALL POSSIBLE DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS, EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID St. Matthew's University IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION(S) THAT UNDERLIE THE CLAIM(S); PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THIS PROVISION WILL NOT APPLY IF A TRIBUNAL WITH APPLICABLE JURISDICTION FINDS SUCH TO BE UNCONSCIONABLE.
14. Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief
IF YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE INCURRED ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THEN THE LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND INJURIES WILL NOT BE IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR TO OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND. THIS MEANS THAT, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CLAIM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN, ANY COURT OR OTHER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, CONTENT, USER-GENERATED CONTENT, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED OR CONTROLLED BY St. Matthew's University (INCLUDING YOUR LICENSED USER-GENERATED CONTENT) OR A LICENSOR OF St. Matthew's University.
15. Updates to Terms
These Terms (or if applicable Additional Terms), in the form posted at the time of your use of the applicable services to which it applies, shall govern such use (including transactions entered during such use). AS OUR SITE EVOLVES, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH WE OFFER THE SITE MAY PROSPECTIVELY BE MODIFIED AND WE MAY CEASE OFFERING THE SITE UNDER THE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR WHICH THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY OFFERED. ACCORDINGLY, EACH TIME YOU SIGN IN TO OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A NEW AGREEMENT WITH US ON THE THEN APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY NOTIFY YOU OF OTHER TERMS BY POSTING THEM ON THE SITE (OR IN ANY OTHER REASONABLE MANNER OF NOTICE WHICH WE ELECT), AND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AFTER SUCH NOTICE CONSTITUTES YOUR GOING FORWARD AGREEMENT TO THE OTHER TERMS FOR YOUR NEW USE AND TRANSACTIONS. Therefore, you should review the posted terms of service and any applicable Additional Terms each time you use the Site (at least prior to each transaction or submission). The new terms will be effective as to new use and transactions as of the time that we post them, or such later date as may be specified in them or in other notice to you. However, the terms of service (and any applicable Additional Terms) that applied when you previously used the Site will continue to apply to such prior use (i.e., changes and additions are prospective only) unless mutually agreed. In the event any notice to you of new, revised or additional terms is determined by a tribunal to be insufficient, the prior agreement shall continue until sufficient notice to establish a new agreement occurs. You should frequently check the home page, your account and the email you associated with your account for notices, all of which you agree are reasonable manners of providing you notice. You can reject any new, revised or Additional Terms by discontinuing use of the Site and related services.
16. General Provisions
- St. Matthew's University's Consent or Approval. As to any provision in these Terms or any Additional Terms that grants St. Matthew's University a right of consent or approval, or permits St. Matthew's University to exercise a right in its h5sole discretion,h5 St. Matthew's University may exercise that right in its sole and absolute discretion. No St. Matthew's University consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by St. Matthew's University without being in writing and signed by an Officer of St. Matthew's University.
- Applicable Law. These Terms and any Additional Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with, and any Dispute and Excluded Dispute will be resolved in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- Indemnity. You agree to, and you hereby, defend, indemnify, and hold St. Matthew's University Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs, investigations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, settlements, interest, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) that directly or indirectly arise from or are related to any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any St. Matthew's University Party, or on account of the investigation, defense, or settlement thereof, arising out of or in connection with, whether occurring heretofore or hereafter: (i) your User-Generated Content; (ii) your use of the Site and your activities in connection with the Site; (iii) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms or any Additional Terms; (iv) your violation or alleged violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances, or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities in connection with your use of the Site or your activities in connection with the Site; (v) information or material transmitted through your Device, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy, or other right of any person or entity; (vi) any misrepresentation made by you; and (vii) St. Matthew's University Parties' use of the information that you submit to us (including your User-Generated Content) (all of the foregoing, h5 Claims and Lossesh5). You will cooperate as fully required by St. Matthew's University Parties in the defense of any Claim and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, St. Matthew's University Parties retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise, and pay any and all Claims and Losses. St. Matthew's University Parties reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims and Losses. You will not settle any Claims and Losses without, in each instance, the prior written consent of an officer of a St. Matthew's University Party.
- Operation of Site; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues. St. Matthew's University controls and operates the Site from its U.S.-based offices in the U.S.A., and St. Matthew's University makes no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use beyond the U.S.A. If you use the Site from other locations, you are doing so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply. The Site may describe products and services that are available only in the U.S.A. (or only parts of it) and are not available worldwide. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any content, program, product, service, or other feature described or available on the Site to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service, or other feature that we provide. You and we disclaim any application to these Terms of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Export Controls. Software related to or made available by the Site may be subject to export controls of the U.S.A. No software from the Site may be downloaded, exported, or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any country or other jurisdiction to which the U.S.A. has embargoed goods, software, technology or services (which, as of the effective date of these Terms, includes Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, and Syria), or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders, or (iii) to anyone on the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security Entities List as published in the Export Administration Regulations (including entities engaged in weapons of mass destruction proliferation in various countries and persons and entities that are suspected of diverting U.S. origin items to embargoed countries or terrorist end-uses). You are responsible for complying with all trade regulations and laws both foreign and domestic. Except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls, including as set forth in subsections (i) – (iii) above.
- Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of these Terms, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms or the Additional Terms (which will remain in full force and effect). To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to waive, and you hereby waive, any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter. Wherever the word h5includingh5 is used in these Terms or any Additional Terms, the word will be deemed to mean h5including, without limitation,h5.
- Communications. When you communicate with us electronically, such as via email and text message, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. Please note that we are not obligated to respond to inquiries that we receive. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement; Termination; Survival. St. Matthew's University reserves the right, without any limitation, to: (i) investigate any suspected breaches of its Site security or its information technology or other systems or networks, (ii) investigate any suspected breaches of these Terms and any Additional Terms, (iii) investigate any information obtained by St. Matthew's University in connection with reviewing law enforcement databases or complying with criminal laws, (iv) involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating any of the foregoing matters, (v) prosecute violators of these Terms and any Additional Terms, and (vi) discontinue the Site, in whole or in part, or, except as may be expressly set forth in any Additional Terms, suspend or terminate your access to it, in whole or in part, including any user accounts or registrations, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to St. Matthew's University under these Terms or any Additional Terms. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Site, or upon notice from St. Matthew's University, all rights granted to you under these Terms or any Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Site. The provisions of these Terms and any Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive your suspension or termination will survive, including the rights and licenses you grant to St. Matthew's University in these Terms, as well as the indemnities, releases, disclaimers, and limitations on liability and the provisions regarding jurisdiction, choice of law, no class action, and mandatory arbitration.
- Assignment. St. Matthew's University may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms and any Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of St. Matthew's University.
- No Waiver. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or St. Matthew's University in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.
- Connectivity. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all Devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service provider, mobile service, and other services needed for your access to and use of the Site and you will be responsible for all charges related to them.