MBBS, MD, M. Clin.Ed
School of Medicine
Dean of Basic Sciences, Professor Pathology and the Chair.
More than a dozen publications in various international journals including Journal of Cytology, American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Annals of Tropical Medicine, Public Health, BMJ, The FASEB Journal, Archives of Medicine and Health Sciences | Published by Wolters Kluwer ‐ Medknow, Indian Journal Of Applied Research, etc.
Few publications are listed below:
- Mucinous Cystadenoma with Benign Teratoma. A rare combination, Basu Amitabha, Indian J. Pathol Microbiol, Vol 43. No 2 page 214, April 2000.
- Metastatic Mucinous Cystadenocarcinoma ovary: An unusual presentation. Basu Amitabha, Shafeck Abubacker. Indian J. Pathol. Microbiol Vol 43. No 2 page 215, April 2000.
- Neuroenteric Cyst in Cervical Spinal Cord. Basu Amitabha. JNMA Oct- Dec 1999 Vol. 38 Page 138-139)
- Perforated Meckel’s Diverticulum with peritonitis in a child. : Basu Amitabha JNMA July- Sept. 1999 Vol 38 page 92- 94 )
- A rare case of Carcinoid tumor presenting as an acute intestinal obstruction with Cryptorchidism. Basu Amitabha: JNMA Jan- March 2000 Vol.39 page 176-179
- Bowen’s Disease of the Abdominal Wall. A. Basu JNMA (Journal of Nepal Medical Association) April – June, 2000. Vol.39 No 134, Page 226-227.
- Acne Rosacea: Agrawal R, Basu Amitabha, Monica Dalal. Nepal Medical College Journal Vol. 2 No. 2 Page 75:2000.
- Pathologist’s day out. Basu Amitabha. Vol 18, No 12. Feb 2003 Page 2072 BMJ
- Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis- A.Basu JNMA 2001: 40:147-149.
- Mountain sickness in children. Basu Amitabha. PMJN Vol. – IV No. 1 Jan. 2003
- Autobiography of HIV - Basu Amitabha. Vol 19, No 5. July 2003 Page 404-405 BMJ
- New Variant Creutz-feldt Jackob Disease: A controversial but potential blood transfusion risk. A Basu. Vol 5, No1 June 2003 P 51-52. Nepal medical college Journal.
- Solid and Cystic tumor arising from an Extra pancreatic site--A Case report. Nepal Med Coll J. 2003 Dec;5(2):107-8.
- Nuclear Morphometry of Perimenopausal Endometrium in Nepali Population- Sukhendu Dutta, Amitabha Basu and Bimalendu Mukherji- Al Ameen J Med Sci (2011)4(3):2 47-253.
- Evaluation for the Effectiveness of Team Based Learning in Pathology in a Caribbean Medical School, American Society for Clinical Pathology Am J Clin Pathol 2014;142:A076
- Hematology Essentials: eBook. Kindle Edition, Amazon. November 18, 2014
- SUBACUTE CUTANEOUS LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS WITH PSEUDO-PORPHYRIA AND VITILIGO. Sripathi H, Dalal M, Basu A. 2001. Journal of Nepal Medical Association, 40:209-211
- Long Term Effectiveness Of Team Based Learning In Pathology- A 6 months follow up study. Poster presentation, 19th Annual IAMSE Meeting - June 13-16, 2015. San Diego, CA 92109.
- Role of Near-Peer Tutors in Undergraduate Medical Education.
Service Learning: A Framework for Enhancing Learning Opportunity at A Caribbean Medical School at 2020 IAMSE Virtual Conference, to be held June 15-18, 2020.
Perception on Interprofessional Education (IPE): An analysis of reflected essays by Basic Science students at IAMSE19 in Roanoke.Motivations, expectations, and experiences of new peer tutors in a Caribbean medical school at 2018 IAMSE Annual Meeting to be held in Henderson, NV, USA.