Dr. Aniruddha Bhattacharjee
School of Medicine
Associate Professor, Medical Physiology; Physiology Examinations And Scheduling; Nbme Proctor
Dr Aniruddha Bhattacharjee, PhD, has been a university professor and researcher in the field of endocrinology and pulmonary physiology for many years. Dr. Bhattacharjee has been teaching Medical Physiology for 17 years.
In addition to being an Assoc. Prof. of Medical Physiology, Dr. Bhattacharjee has received extensive recognition as a national and international author and presenter. His research has been published in the Journal of Paediatric endocrinology and metabolism, Indian Paediatrics, International Journal of Medical Health Science, Current Paediatric Research, International Journal of Biology Medical Research, Phcog Research
Journal of Medical Science and Technology, Pharmacology online, Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, Asian Journal of Pharmacology Clinical Research, and the International Journal of Medical Toxicology & Legal Medicine. He has also presented at numerous medical conferences.
Dr. Bhattacharjee’s research interests and presentations include Pathophysiology of Thyroid, dietary goitrogen, obesity, pulmonary functions etc.
Dr Bhattacharjee has received numerous awards recognizing his teaching and mentoring excellence throughout his teaching career.
Dr Bhattacharjee has conducted & attended many training and workshops. He also has supervised many research projects/thesis/dissertations.
- Prof Narendra Mohon Bose Memorial Award for securing highest marks in M.Sc. (Physiology)
- Service Excellence Award “Best Mentor” from Management and Science university, Malaysia for outstanding performance in teaching and developing soft skills among the MBBS students for the academic year 2014-15
- Service Excellence Award “Graduate employability skill Award” from Management and Science university, Malaysia for outstanding performance in teaching and developing soft skills & employability skill among the MBBS students for the academic year 2015-16
2. Chandra A.K, Bhattacharjee A, Malik T and Ghosh S. Etiological Factors for the Persistence of Endemic Goiter in Selected Areas of Siddharhnagar District in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. Journal of Paediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism 2009; 22(4): 317-325. (Impact factor-1.278)
3. Bhattacharjee A, Chandra A.K, Malik T. Goitrogenic Content of Common Vegetables in Sub-Himalayan Tarai Region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh. Int J Med Health Sci. October 2012, Vol-1; Issue-4:32-38.
4. Bhattacharjee A, Chandra A.K, Tiwari H.K, Malik T. Serum thyroid hormone and thyrotropin levels in school children from goiter endemic sub-Himalayan tarai region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. Curr Pediatr Res 2013; 17 (1):27-30.
5. Bhattacharjee A, Chandra A.K, Tiwari H.K, Malik T. Intake and excretion of iodine and thiocyanate among school children in goiter endemic sub-Himalayan tarai region Curr Pediatr Res 2013; 17 (2):89-93.
6. Bhattacharjee A, Chandra A.K, Malik T. Iodine content in edible salt and drinking water in sub-himalayan tarai region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. Int J Biol Med Res. 2013; 4(1): 2834-2838.
7. Bhattacharjee A, Chandra A.K, Malik T, Tiwari H.K, Chiranjit Mondal. Serum thyroglobulin antibody (anti-Tg) and thyroperoxidase antibody (anti-TPO) levels in school children from goiter endemic sub-Himalayan tarai region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. Int J Med Health Sci. April 2013, Vol-2; Issue-2:149-153.
8. Roy P, Abdulsalam FI, Pandey DK, Bhattacharjee A,Eruvaram NR, Malik T. Evaluation of antioxidant, antibacterial, and antidiabetic potential of two traditional medicinal plants of India: Swertia cordata and Swertia chirayita. Phcog Res 2015;7: S57-62.
9. Tesema A, Sinaga M, Bhattacharjee A, Malik T. Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Women Towards Exclusive Breastfeeding in Jimma Health Center, Jimma Town, Southwest Ethiopia. Journal of Medical Science and Technology 2017; Vol-6; issue-1:47-60.
10. Subramanian R, Marhain N, Bhattacharjee A, Ahmad S. Evaluation of free radical scavenging, anti-inflammatory and wound healing effects of nephelium lappaceum leaf extract. Pharmacology online, 2018 Aug, vol-2: 93-100.
11. Bhattacharjee A, Thygoo A, Rammohan S. Obesity and pulmonary functions in young non-smoker male of shah alam, Malaysia. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, July 2018, Vol.9, No. 7: 151-56.
12. Bhattacharjee A, Myat A, Sharma R, Shakunthala VT. Effect of obesity on pulmonary functions among adolescent students of a private university in Malaysia. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Aug, Vol-12(8):24-27.
13. Bhattacharjee A, Thygoo A, Rammohan S. Impact of obesity on pulmonary functions among young non-smoker healthy females of shah alam, Malaysia. Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 11, Issue 10, 2018, 1-5.
14. Rammohan S, Shahida M, Syahida A, Bhattacharjee A. Effect of pesticides, indoxacarb on Zebrafish (Danio Rerio) toxicity test. International Journal of Medical Toxicology & Legal Medicine, Vol 22, No 1-2, Jan-June 2019.
2. Bhattacharjee A, Chandra A.K. State of Iodine Nutrition in Certain Areas of Siddharthnagar District in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. XIXth Annual Conference, Physiological Society of India, 6th-8th Dec’07. pp.98.
3. Bhattacharjee A, Chandra A.K. Etiology of Endemic Goiter in sub-Himalayan Tarai Region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. International Conference on Integrative Physiology: Modern Perspective Nov.12-14,2009. pp.160.
4. Bhattacharjee A, Chandra A.K. Studies on Interrelation between Iodine and Thiocyanate Intake and Their Excretion Pattern among School Children in Sub-Himalayan Tarai Region. Proc. 98th Indian Science Congress Part II: Invited Lecture Jan 3-7,2011. pp.98-99