Dr Gabor Zoltan Xantus
School of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Preclinical Sciences
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, EMERGENCY MEDICINE; SENIOR ULTRASOUND EDUCATOR (Yorkshire and Humber Deanery),
Gabor Xantus, MSc, has extensive experience working as an educator, researcher, and clinician. His background includes many years as a consultant in Emergency Medicine serving as a departmental lead in Sepsis and graduate education. He has more than two decades of clinical experience in three specialities.
Dr Xantus has received recognition as a national and international author and presenter. His research has been published in the Journal of Emergency Medicine, Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, European Journal of Emergency Medicine, Expert review of Pharmacology and Critical Review in Toxicology. He has presented at numerous medical conferences, including the Royal College of Emergency Medicine, The Australasian Congress of Emergency Medicine, etc.
Dr Xantus’s research interests and presentations include his personally developed dialogical approach to medical reasoning focusing on personalised care and debunking dogmas.
- Xantus GZ, Allen P, Norman S, et al Mortality benefit of crystalloids administered in 1–6 hours in septic adults in the ED systematic review with narrative synthesis Emergency Medicine Journal. Published Online First: 15 April 2021. doi:10.1136/emermed-2020-210298
- Gabor Xantus, Laszlo Zavori, Candice Matheson, Valeria A. Gyarmathy, Laszlo M Fazekas & Peter Kanizsai (2021) Cannabidiol in low back pain: scientific rationale for clinical trials in low back pain, Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology, DOI: 10.1080/17512433.2021.1917379
- Xantus GZ, Burke D, Kanizsai P. How to best handle vaccine decliners: scientific facts and psychological approach. Postgrad Med J. 2021 Apr 9: postgradmedj-2021-139835. doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2021-139835. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33837130.
- Xantus G, Allen P, Kanizsai P. Blind spot in sepsis management - Tissue level changes in microcirculation. Physiol Int. 2021 Apr 9. doi: 10.1556/2060.2021.00011. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33844643.
- G Xantus, B Kiss, Gy Molnar, C Matheson, VA Gyarmathy, P Kanizsai. Lactate reloaded–reevaluation of the importance of lactate monitoring in the management of adult sepsis in the emergency department. BIOCELL 2021 45(3): 445-449
- Xantus G, Anna Gyarmathy V, Johnson CA, Sanghera P, Zavori L, Kanizsai PL. The role of vitamin E acetate (VEA) and its derivatives in the vaping associated lung injury: systematic review of evidence. Crit Rev Toxicol. 2021 Jan;51(1):15-23. doi: 10.1080/10408444.2020.1858754. Epub 2021 Jan 12. PMID: 33432848.
- Xantus GZ, Gyarmathy AV, Johnson CA. Smouldering ashes: burning questions after the outbreak of electronic cigarette or vaping-associated lung injury (EVALI). Postgrad Med J. 2020 Nov;96(1141):686-692. doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2020-137673. Epub 2020 Jun 18. PMID: 32554544.
- Xantus GZ. Vaping-associated lung injury-VALI facts, assumptions and opportunities: review of the present situation. Postgrad Med J. 2020 Feb;96(1132):61-63. doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2019-137185. Epub 2019 Nov 25. PMID: 31767670.
- Xantus G, Allen P, Norman S, Kanizsai P. Antibiotics administered within 1 hour to adult emergency department patients screened positive for sepsis: a systematic review. Eur J Emerg Med. 2020 Aug;27(4):260-267. doi: 10.1097/MEJ.0000000000000654. PMID: 31855885.
24-26 October 2020. Oral presentation. 5th International Medical Cannabis Conference, Tel Aviv, Israel.
17-24 November 2019. Poster Presentation. Annual Scientific Meeting. Australian College of Emergency Medicine, Hobart Australia
8-12 October 2019. Poster Presentation. Annual Scientific Symposium. Royal College of Emergency Medicine, Gateshead UK
16 June 2019. Case Study Day. Royal College of Emergency Medicine, London UK
23-28 November 2018. Oral Presentation Annual Scientific Meeting. Australian College of Emergency Medicine