School of Medicine
Associate Professor of Pathology
Samal Nauhria, MBBS, MD has extensive experience as an educator, researcher and a clinician. His background includes working as a clinical pathologist, a university professor and a diagnostic laboratory expert.
In addition to his current role as an educator, Dr Nauhria has been recognized as a national and international author and presenter. He has presented his research at various international conferences including the ‘International Association for Medical Science Educators’ (IAMSE) and his research has been published in multiple medical journals. His research on how ‘Virtual microscopy and Digital pathology’ can be a low-cost alternative to traditional light microscopy has received rave reviews. His latest published research paper, ‘How community service can lead to an educational change for medical students’, has been highly appreciated and published in an international journal for medical education. His ongoing project includes the use of ‘Virtual technology to conduct OSCE in medical schools.’
Dr Nauhria has helped many undergraduate medical students get their work published in a medical journal.
- Singh P, Garg M, Nauhria S, Gupta S. Unusual Case of Giant Multicystic Acanthomatous Ameloblastoma of Mandible in a 70 years old Male. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2013;4(4). http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/ajms.v4i4.7847
- Khabra N, Arora B, Pandhi I, Nauhria S, Mahajan P, Jandial R. Submandibular Gland Myoepithelioma (Spindle Cell Variant). Research and Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. 2014;3(supplement 2):11-14.
- Khabra N, Garg L, Bansal H, Nauhria S, Narula A, Sangwan K. Primary Iliocecal Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor with Co-existent B/L Ovarian neoplasms: A Rare Case Report. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2015; May-June (6(3):1755.
- Khabra N, Gulati B, Bedi S, Garg L, Nauhria S, Narula A et al. Post-Operative Clinico-Pathological Spectrum of Oophorectomy Specimens (A Rural Scenario). Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2015;6(4):495-502.
- Singh P, Chaudhry M, Nauhria S, Rao D. Cytomorphological patterns of breast lesions diagnosed on fine-needle aspiration cytology in a tertiary care hospital. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. 2015;4(5):674. doi:10.5455/ijmsph.2015.31122014139
- Das S, Alsalhanie K, Nauhria S, Joshi V, Khan S, Surender V. Impact of formative assessment on the outcome of summative assessment – a feedback based cross sectional study conducted among basic science medical students enrolled in MD program. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2017;8(4):38. http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/ajms.v8i4.17161
- Das S, Alsalhanie K, Nauhria S, Datta A. Effect of chronic administration of nicorandil (a potassium channel activator) on body weight of two different experimental animal species. International Journal of Basic & Clinical Pharmacology. 2017;6(7):1567. http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2319-2003.ijbcp20172717
- Nauhria S, Das S, Alsalhanie K, Goyal A, Gupta B, Akinboboye O, Ehwarieme O. Physical activity and dietary patterns: a health risk behavior cluster pattern analysis of students in a Caribbean medical school. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2017;8(4):50. http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/ajms.v8i4.17178
- Das S, Alsalhanie K, Nauhria S, Khan S, Joshi V. Effect of Acute and Chronic Administration of Nicorandil (A Potassium Channel Activator) on Blood Glucose of Albino Rabbit. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. 2017;7(5):123-126.
- HangFu L, Nauhria S. Principles for designing accountability and responsibility plan in medical education that spreads across multiple sites. MedEdPublish. 2019;8(1). https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2019.000057.1
- Nauhria S, Hangfu L. Virtual microscopy enhances the reliability and validity in histopathology curriculum: Practical guidelines [Version 2]. MedEdPublish. 2019;8(2). https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2019.000028.2
- HangFu L, Nauhria S. The Need for Standardization, Reliability and Validity in Fundamental Roots for a Successful Problem-Based Learning Program. MedEdPublish. 2019;8(2). https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2019.000093.1
- Poster Presentation: Myelofibrosis secondary to tuberculosis in a child with Down's syndrome: A case report at Golden Jubilee Hematology CME & Meeting of NW Chapter of ISHBT 2012, Chandigarh, India.
- Poster Presentation: Service-learning framework: Enhancing instructional design at a medical university. IAMSE 2020, Denver, Colorado.
Community service learning, Virtual microscopy, Digital pathology, Applications of artificial intelligence for pathology education
SMU CEME- Active learning in medical education
SMU CEME- Community service learning: impact for medical education