MD, PhD, DSc
School of Medicine
Director Of Center For Excellence In Medical Education, Chairman Of Neural And Behavioral Sciences Department, Professor Of Neuroscience
Volodymyr Mavrych, MD, PhD, DSc, has extensive experience working as an educator and researcher in the field of neuroanatomy. He earned two doctorate degrees, and has more than two decades of experience as a university professor teaching Medical Neuroscience, Clinical Anatomy and Embryology. Additionally, he has clinical training and experience in orthopaedics. He believes in fostering a positive learning environment for his students through encouragement and open communication.
Dr. Mavrych has been recognized as an esteemed author and presenter on a national and international level. His research has been published in numerous medical journals such as the Critical Reviews in Eukaryotic Gene Expression, MOJ Anatomy and Physiology, The FASEB Journal, Austin Journal of Anatomy, Journal of Clinical Densitometry, Osteoporosis International, Age Management Medicine Group Journal, and Morphology. He has presented at numerous medical conferences, including the Experimental Biology, Clinical Applications Age Management Medicine, International Symposium of Osteoporosis, Clinical Osteoporosis Symposium, and Arbeitstagung der Anatomischen Gesellschaft.
Dr. Mavrych’s areas of research interests include Human spine studies, 3D finite-element modeling of different organs, Age management medicine, fMRI and Neuroeconomics.
Dr. Mavrych is an active member of American Association of Clinical Anatomists, Anatomische Gesellschaft (Germany), and the Ukrainian Anatomical Association.
He has received the Golden Apple Award and a few Faculty Awards from St. Matthew's University students, and two Dean's Awards for outstanding contribution and dedicated service to St. Matthew's University School of Medicine. He has certificates of appreciation from the Cayman Heart Fund for serving the local community.
Dr. Mavrych is a senior Fellow of New Westminster College, Canada and a member of American Association of Clinical Anatomists, Anatomische Gesellschaft, Ukrainian Anatomical Association.
Neuroscience, Anatomy, Morphology, Medical education, Faculty development
- 2 SMU Service Awards for dedication, commitment and hard work (2019, 2020)
- 3 Faculty Awards from St. Matthew's University students (2018, 2019)
- Golden Apple Award from St. Matthew's University students (2018)
- 2 Dean's Awards for outstanding contribution and dedicated service to the vision of St. Matthew's University School of Medicine (2008, 2014)
- 3 Cayman Heart Fund Certificate of Appreciation (2012, 2015, 2016)
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O (2019) Clinical Cases and Medical Images in Anatomy. 2E. Apple Books. 196 Pages ISBN-13: 978-0-9964055-1-5
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O (2018) Neuroscience: Photo Atlas. iBooks. 159 Pages ISBN-13: 978-0-9964055-6-0
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O (2018) Neuroscience: 110 Most Important Conceptions. iBooks. 270 Pages
- Hussain A, Tabrez ES, Mavrych V, Bolgova O, Rao JP. (2018) Caffeine: A Potential Protective Agent Against Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer’s Disease. Critical Reviews™ in Eukaryotic Gene Expression, 28(1):67–72 (2018)
- Gavreliuk S.V., Levenets S.V., Kopatko T.A., Bolgova O.S. and Mavrych V.V. (2017) Influence of hypodynamic stress and autonomic dysfunction on the aortic endothelium and hemodynamics. AMMG J. 2017; 12(6):7
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O. (2016) Neuroscience: 100 Most Important Conceptions. 135 Pages
- Mavrych V (2016) Modern Trends in Clinical Anatomy Teaching. MOJ Anat Physiol 2(1): 00035.
- Mavrych, V. and Bolgova, O. (2015) Clinical Cases and Medical Images in Anatomy. 1E. iBooks. 229 Pages
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O. (2015) Photo Atlas of Anatomy. iBooks. 718 Pages
- Jagadeesh A, Mavrych V, Bolgova O, Maroun L, Rajasekaran S.K. (2015) Student Evaluation of Case Studies. The FASEB Journal. 2015; 29:687.29
- Bolgova O, Mavrych V, Kheyson B, Sankova L, Kheyson O. (2014) Zinc Content in Lumbar Vertebrae Across Age Groups. AMMG J Vol.9, No.10.
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O, Ganguly P, Kashchenko S (2014) Age-Related Changes of Lumbar Vertebral Body Morphometry. Austin J Anat. 2014;1(3): 1014
- Mavrych, V., Bolgova, O. (2013). New Horizons in Medical Education Technology. In P. Ganguly (ed.), Education in Anatomical Sciences (pp. 45-61). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Mavrych V., Bolgova O. and Sankova L. (2013) Age and gender specific characteristics of spongy bone architectonic in lumbar vertebral bodies. The FASEB Journal. 2013; 27:518.1
- Mavrych, V. and Bolgova, O. (2012) 120 Most Important Anatomical Conceptions. iBooks. October 9, 2012. 419 Pages
- V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova and B. Kheyson (2012) Finite-Element Analysis of Different Shapes of Lumbar Curvatures, e-Journal of AMMG Vol.7, No.10.
- V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova and S. Rao (2012) Clinical Cases and TBL in Developmental and Gross Anatomy Course, The FASEB Journal. 2012; 26:531.11
- Mavrych V., Bolgova O. (2011), Age Changes of Spongy Bone Architectonic in the Lumbar Vertebrae, Osteoporosis International V. 22, S.2 417-439
- V. Mavrych and O. Bolgova (2011) Stress distribution in 3D models of human spine with different lumbar curvature angle, The FASEB Journal. 2011; 25:867.8
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O. (2010), Age-Related Changes of Calcium, Manganese and Magnesium in Human Lumbar Spine in Relation to Bone Mechanical Properties, e-Journal of AMMG Vol.5, No.9.
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O, Vozniy V. (2010), Determination of Enamel and Coronal Dentin Microhardiness of Upper Fist Premolars in Age Aspect, e-Journal of AMMG Vol.5, No.8.
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O, Eryomin A. (2010) Trabecular Architectonic Features in Different Zones of Human Lumbar Vertebrae. Journal of Clinical Densitometry, Volume 13, Issue 1, Pages 129-129.
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O. (2010) Age Changes of Composition of Calcium, Phosphorus, Sodium and Potassium in the Lumbar Vertebrae. E-Journal of AMMG Vol.5, No.3.
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O. (2008) Age and gender specific characteristics of human lumbar vertebrae. Ukrainian Morphological almanac 6(2):215
- Mavrych V, Bolgova O. (2008) Age Related Changes of Sponge’s Bone Architectonic in Lumbar Spine. E-Journal of AMMG Vol.3, No.10.
- Koveshnikov VG, Mavrych VV, Bolgova ES.(2008) Morphofunctional Characteristic of the Lumbar Area of the Human Vertebral Column in the Individuals with Various Degrees of Lumbar Lordosis (on the basis of three-dimensional computer modelling). Morphology 134(6):59-63.
- Koveshnikov VG, Bolgova OS, Mavrych VV, Vosniy VB. (2007) Comparative Odontometric Data of Human Incisors from Different Country Population. Ukrainian medical almanac. 5(2):102.
- Bio hacking COVID-19: Lessons learnt from the current pandemic, European Wellness Academy webinar, September 25, 2020
- Conquering Cancer VI Symposium, Grand Cayman, September 19, 2019
- Cayman hospice care: Caribbean Palliative Care Conference, Grand Cayman, September 27, 2018
- 9th Canadian Conference on Dementia, Toronto, November 2-4, 2017
- 10th Annual CHF International Cardiac Symposium, Grand Cayman, March 23, 2017
- 9th Annual International Cardiac Symposium, Grand Cayman. March 17-18, 2016
- 19th Annual Conference on Emergencies and Challenges in Primary Care, New York City, December 18-19, 2015
- Experimental Biology 2015, March 28 - April 1, 2015 - Boston, MA. Paper: A. Jagadeesh, V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova, L. Maroun, S.K. Rajasekaran. Student Evaluation of Case Studies
- 8th Annual International Cardiac Symposium - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands: March 12-13, 2015
- 17th Clinical Applications Age Management Medicine Conference, November 6-9, 2014 - Las Vegas, NE Paper: Bolgova O, Mavrych V, Kheyson B, Sankova L, Kheyson O. (2014) Zinc Content in Lumbar Vertebrae Across Age Groups
- Experimental Biology 2013, April 20-24, 2013 - Boston, MA. Paper: V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova, L. Sankova. Age and gender specific characteristics of spongy bone architectonic in lumbar vertebral bodies
- Experimental Biology 2012, April 21-25, 2012 - San Diego, CA. Paper: V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova, S. Rao. Clinical Cases and TBL in Developmental and Gross Anatomy Course
- 5th Annual International Cardiac Symposium, March 1, 2012 - Grand Cayman.
- Experimental Biology 2011, April 9-13, 2011 - Washington, DC. Paper: V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova. Stress distribution in 3D models of human spine with different lumbar curvature angle
- 9th International Symposium of Osteoporosis, May 18-21, 2011 - Las Vegas, Nevada. Paper: Mavrych V., Bolgova O. Age Changes of Spongy Bone Architectonic in the Lumbar Vertebrae.
- Clinical Osteoporosis 2010 An ISCD-NOF Symposium - San Antonio, TX, USA: March 10-13, 2010. Paper: V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova, A. Eryomin. Trabecular architectonic features in different zones of human lumbar vertebrae
- Cancer Symposium, November 30, 2009 - Grand Cayman.
- Clinical Applications for Age Management Medicine: Preventive Medicine and Early Interventions for Optimal Health - Las Vegas, NV, USA: November 6-9, 2008. Paper: V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova. Age Related Changes of Sponges Bone Architectonic in Lumbar Spine
- Current Problems of Biomineralogy - Lugansk, Ukraine: April 23-24, 2008. Paper: O. Bolgova, V. Mavrych. Similarities and differences of third molar crowns and roots morphology compared with first and second molars in the same arch.
- The 1st Cayman Islands International Cardiac Symposium - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands: May 16, 2008
- 10th World Congress for Infectious and Immunological Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Urology -
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands: November 17-24, 2007
- Arbeitstagung der Anatomischen Gesellschaft - Würzburg, Germany: September 27-29, 2006. Paper: V. Mavrych, O. Bolgova. New approaches to studying of stress-strengths conditions of the human teeth
- Verhandlugen der Anatomischen Gesellschaft - Wien, Austria: April 2-5, 2004. Paper: V. Mavrych., Morfological analysis of various zones of bodies of human verterae