Studying on Grand Cayman
Lean into Island Life while studying on Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman has a world-class infrastructure, home to hundreds of restaurants, numerous U.S.-style supermarkets, movie theatres, exquisite hotels and many opportunities for snorkelling, dining, sightseeing and other leisurely activities. These activities add to your student experience while pursuing your MD at St. Matthew’s University.
Discover island treasures
A leading financial hub
Embrace Caribbean nightlife
Find your adventure
Just a plane ride away
Facts about Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman is one of the safest islands in the Caribbean with very low crime rates compared to other islands.
- The island has one of the deepest points of the Earth’s oceans with an underwater trench reaching down seven miles.
- You can send a postcard from ‘Hell’, a unique landmark with jagged, black limestone formations that have an eerie look.
- The island is home to the Cayman Turtle Centre promoting conservation, protection and education on turtles.
- It’s home to the world’s first underwater art installation featuring a collection of sculptures submerged in the ocean.
St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine campus has the perfect blend of modernity and academic excellence against the tropical backdrop of the Cayman Islands. Our campus, located just across from the world-renowned Seven Mile Beach, offers students state-of-the-art facilities to support their learning and skill development, preparing them to take the next step in pursuing their MD degree. Students are given the opportunity to expand their learning and receive undivided attention from our medical educators and faculty in our dynamic learning spaces.