Dr. Praghosh Chhetri
(MBBS, MD, MSc)
School of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medical Physiology
Assistant Professor of Medical Physiology, St. Matthew's University School of Medicine.
Dr. Praghosh Chhetri holds MBBS and MD (Clinical Physiology) Degrees from Tribhuvan University (Institute of Medicine), the premier university in Nepal.
Dr. Chhetri has extensive experience working as a medical educator, primary care physician, and practitioner of Integrative medicine.
Dr. Chhetri has tutored medical physiology for years to diverse medical and paramedical students of Nepal.
In addition to medical pedagogy, Dr. Chhetri has been engaged in scientific research in the fields of physiology, particularly in the areas of his interest like autonomic nervous system, heart rate variability, and alternative and complementary medicine. He has received publications in peer-reviewed journals and has presented his works on national and international platforms.
Dr. Chhetri also holds a master in Science degree in Osteopathy from Sri Sri University, India. Osteopathy is a form of manipulative medicine based on the knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- Chhetri P, Shrestha L, Rana BS, Banstola D, Mahotra NB. Immediate Effects of Yoga Based Relaxation Technique Yoga Nidra on Heart Rate Variability in Young and Healthy Volunteers. Journal of Karnali Academy of Health Sciences. 2020 Aug 29;3(2):65-72.
- Chhetri, P., Shrestha, L., & Mahotra, N. B. (2022). Validity of Elite-HRV Smartphone Application for Measuring Heart Rate Variability Compared to Polar V800 Heart Rate Monitor. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council, 19(04), 809-813.
- Chhetri, P., Ghosh, T.: Fourth Ventricle Compression (CV4) as a Method of Stress Management (2022)- Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer.
Heart rate variability and Autonomic Nervous Regulation, Alternative and Complementary medicine, medical education.
- Chhetri, P., Ghosh, T.: Fourth Ventricle Compression (CV4) as a Method of Stress Management. Oral Presentation at the International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment- 2021 organized by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati, India on Dec 2021.
- Chhetri P, Shrestha L, Rana BS, Banstola D, Mahotra NB. Immediate Effects of Yoga Based Relaxation Technique Yoga Nidra on Heart Rate Variability in Young and Healthy Volunteers. Poster Presentation at the Third Annual Conference of Neuroscience Society. May 2018
- Chhetri P, Shrestha L, Rana BS, Banstola D, Mahotra NB. Immediate Effects of Yoga Based Relaxation Technique Yoga Nidra on Heart Rate Variability in Young and Healthy Volunteers. Oral Presentation at the Annual Conference of the Physiological Society of Nepal. May 2018.
- Participated in International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) Associate School on the Enlightenment of Systems Neuroscience held in Kathmandu Nepal May 2018
- Participated in the First Annual Conference of Neuroscience Society of Nepal in Kathmandu, Nepal Feb 2016.
- Participated in the Workshop on Techniques in Physiological Sciences- 2015(TIPS-2015) for SAARC Nations organized by the Department of Physiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi Dec 2015.
- Participated in the First National Summit of Health and Population Scientists in Nepal organized by Nepal Health Research Council (NHRC) in Kathmandu, Nepal April 2015.