School of Medicine
Associate Professor of Histology & Cell Biology
Histology & Cell Biology
Vasantha Kumar Pakirisamy is an Associate Professor in Histology and cell biology. He graduated from Manipal University with an M.Sc. in Human Medical Anatomy and a Ph.D. in facial clinical aesthetics. In his areas of expertise, he has more than 15 years of experience. He has presented his scientific research at various conferences and published 27 research outputs in various facial aesthetic and surgical journals. He also serves as a reviewer and editor for various facial research journals. He was awarded a gold medal for his outstanding research in Facial aesthetic anatomy.
- Human Gross Anatomy
- Radiological Anatomy
- Cross-sectional Anatomy
- Dr. T.M.A. PAI GOLD MEDAL AWARD for excellence in medical research
- Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, Sadacharan CM. Preference of eyebrow apex positions on different facial shapes in Malaysian population: An inter-ethnic study. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2021. doi: 10.1111/jocd.14062.
- Vasanthakumar Packirisamy. Photogrammetric Analysis of Nasal Dimensions in Indian Malaysian Adults. J Craniofac Surg. 2021.doi: 10.1097/SCS.0000000000008183.
- K. Aljarrah, Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, N. Al Anazi et al., Morphometric analysis of foramen magnum and occipital condyle using CT images for sex determination in a Saudi Arabian population, Morphologie,https://d oi.org/10.1016/j.morpho.2021.07.006.
- Sadacharan CM, Vasanthakumar Packirisamy. Prevalence of the Palmaris longus muscle in Indian American population through clinical evaluation. Muscles Ligaments Tendons J. 2022;12 (1):65-71
- Sadacharan CM, Vasanthakumar Packirisamy. Clinical assessment of absence of the Palmaris longus muscle in African Antiguan population. Ethiopian Medical Journal 2022:12(1):00-00 Accepted
- Sadacharan CM, Vasanthakumar Packirisamy. Photogrammetric Analysis of Eyebrow and Eyelid Dimensions in Indian American Adults. The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery 2020; 31 (08):796-799.
- Sadacharan CM, Alikhan SB, Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, Murlimanju BV. Carrying angle of the elbow joint in young Caucasian and Indian American population: A descriptive cross‑sectional study. J Anat Soc India. 2022:71(1):42-46.
- Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, Kumar P, Bashour M. Photogrammetric analysis of orolabial region in South Indians. Facial Plast Surg 2020; 36(03):255–262.
- S.B.Nayaka, S.D.Shetty, Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, S.K.Vasudeva. Unusual contribution of the first jejunal vein in the formation of the portal vein. J morphologie. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.morpho.2021.04.003.
- Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, Abudalo RA; Zainab Ali I Alkhars; Sarah Shaker A Alalawi; Mariam Ahmed Abdulhadi Alquraini; Aljawharah Adnan I Alfawzan. Fingerprint analysis in relation to different blood group and gender in Saudi Arabian population J Morphol Sci 2020; 37: 25-29. DOI:10.51929/jms.37.5.2020
- Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, Kumar P, Bashour M. "Anthropometric and anthroposcopic analysis of periorbital features in Malaysian population: An inter-racial study." Facial Plast Surg. 2018. 34(4): 400-406.
- Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, Bashour M, Satheesha Nayak. Anthropometric analysis of South Indian women’s nose. Facial Plast Surg. 2016, 5(1): 68-70.
- Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, Kumar P, Bashour M. Photogrammetric analysis of eyebrow and upper eyelid dimensions in South Indians and Malaysian South Indians. Aesthet Surg J. 2013 Sep 1; 33(7):975-82.
- Vasanthakumar Packirisamy, Kumar P, Rao M. Anthropometric analysis of palpebral fissure dimensions and its position in South Indian ethnic adults. Oman Med J. 2013 Jan; 28(1):26-32.
- Vasanthakumar P, Kumar P, Rao KG. Photogrammetric analysis of palpebral fissure dimensions and its position in Malaysian South Indian ethnic adults by gender.N Am J Med Sci. 2012 October; 4(10):458-462
- Vasanthakumar P, Kumar P, Rao KG. Identification of Facial Shape by Applying Golden Ratio to the Facial Measurements: An Interracial Study in Malaysian Population. N Am J Med Sci. 2012 December; 4(12): 624–629.
- Vasanthakumar P, Satheesha B Nayak. Saphenous Ladder Formed by Almost Completely Duplicated Great Saphenous Vein. Kathmandu Univ Med J.2020; 69(1):91-3.
- Vasanth Kumar P, Satheesha Nayak. Entrapment of brachial artery and median nerve within the brachialis muscle – a case report. Journal of Surgical Academia 2015; 5(1): 68-70.
- Vasanthakumar P, Bincy M George. An unusual palmaris longus tendon: its variation in the insertion and orientation at the level of wrist joint. IJAV_2009-036.
- Vasanthakumar P, Bincy M George. A rare variation in the origin and insertion of sternocleidomastoid muscle – a case report. IJAV_2014-032.
- Satheesha B. Nayak, R. Deepthinath, Naveen Kumar, Prakashchandra Shetty, VasanthaKumar, Ashwini Aithal, Surekha D. Shetty. Evaluation of Numerical and Positional Variations of the Hepatic Veins: A Cadaveric Study. Journal of cardiovascular Echography. Mar 2016; 26 (1):5-10.
- S.Chakravarthy marx, S. Dhalapathy, C. Anitha marx, M.Satish babu, T.Pulakunta, Vasanthakumar. Ultrasonographical and histological cross-sectional study of the human superficial branch of the radial nerve. Rom J Morphol Embryol 2011, 52(3 Suppl):1081–1090.
- Satheesha Nayak, Vasanthakumar P, Naveen Kumar, Raghu Jetti. Unusual fissure on the diaphragmatic surface of the spleen – a case report" IJAV_2011-092
- Satheesha Nayak B, Srinivasa Rao Sirasanagandla, Sudarshan S, Vasanthakumar P, Venu Madhav Nelluri, Unusual formation of profunda femoris vein by the tibial veins in the middle of the popliteal fossa. Forensic Medicine and Anatomy Research 2013: 80-82
- Satheesha Nayak B, Surekha D Shetty, Srinivasa Rao Sirasanagandla, Vasanthakumar P, Raghu Jetti. Multiple variations in the pelvic vasculature – a case report. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2015 Feb, Vol-9(2): AD01-AD02
- Satheesha Nayak B, Srinivasa Rao Sirasanagandla, Bincy M George, Snigdha Mishra, Narendra Pamidi,VasanthaKumar,Naveen Kumar, Swamy Ravindra S. Lateral pouch appendix associated with retro-peritoneal terminal part of the ileum – a potential diagnostic and surgical challenge. Anat Sci Int. 2014 Jul 15.
- Mohandas Rao KG, Ashutosh S Rao, Satheesha Nayak, Naveen Kumar, Vasanthakumar P, LS Ashwini, M Sapna, Surekha D Shetty A case report of vasa aberrantia in brachial artery: A clinical important variation. Sahel Med J 2013; 16:74-6.
- Clinical Facial Aesthetic Anatomy
- Clinical Anatomy
- Medical Imaging
- Clinical photography
- Clinical Anatomical Variation
- Three-dimensional craniofacial analysis.
- Eyebrow apex position preferences in Malaysian population on different facial shapes Scientific Program, Webinar on Dermatology and Cosmetology, August 21, 2020.
- Photogrammetric Analysis of Orolabial Region in South Indian Young Adults - 7th International Conference on Research in Life-Sciences & Healthcare (ICRLSH), 29-30 June 2019, Malaysia
- Variation in the origin of axillary artery accompanied by fusion of the cords of brachial plexus - National Conference of Anatomical Society of India. Belgaum, India.
- Identification of Facial Shape by Applying Golden Ratio to the Facial Measurements: An Interracial Study in Malaysian Population. International Anatomical Sciences and cell biology conference. Singapore 26 May to 29 May 2010